- What information is collected? Cincinnati Children's does not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. In other words, Cincinnati Children's does not require that you register or provide information to generally view the Website. However, we collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of the Cincinnati Children's website (the “Website”) for various reasons, such as when you enter in information to use certain areas of the Website or when you contact customer support services. The following is a description of what information is collected:
- Who is Collecting this Information? Cincinnati Children's collects the information described above via the Website. In the case of third party features such as advertising, co-branded areas or links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Cincinnati Children's is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION. Cincinnati Children's does not exchange, lease or sell your name or email address information. Cincinnati Children's does not provide, sell or make available its customer list, or any part or subset of its customer data, to any third parties. Data that we have about you is for Cincinnati Children's use only. Cincinnati Children's will not “spam” you and may contact you on issues regarding the use of our services. Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. Cincinnati Children's will provide the information that it in good faith believes is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. Cincinnati Children's may also have to disclose certain information in court documents if it has to bring an action against you, for example, to collect a debt you owe it.
- With Whom the Information May be Shared. Except as described above, Cincinnati Children's will not knowingly disclose or authorize the disclosure of personal identifiable information (other than aggregate statistical information) to any third party without your consent unless (1) we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may have breached our Website Terms and Conditions or who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Cincinnati Children's rights or property, other Website users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities or (2) we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
- Children Under the Age of 13 Years. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Cincinnati Children's will not knowingly collect or accept personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 without a parent’s or guardian’s prior consent.
- Security Procedures Used. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data.