How to refill controlled medication prescriptions
We’re here to help with your child's medication needs. We also need to maintain strict compliance with state laws while prescribing controlled substances. That's why we ask parents or guardians to sign our Controlled Medications policy every year, so we can be the best care team for your family.
- We must see your child in the office every three months for a medication check.
- During that med check, we will schedule the next med check visit and sign you up for our Patient Portal.
- Your provider will send prescriptions electronically directly to your pharmacy at the time of the appointment.
- Allow 72 hours for medication requests to be filled.
- Families should communicate all medication questions through the Patient Portal.
- If the patient finishes the prescription before the next scheduled appointment, the prescribing provider may give an additional, partial prescription at their discretion. Please note: Insurance may require a full co-payment for filling partial prescriptions.
- We cannot grant any medication refill requests if you are more than 30 days late for a required medication check.
- We cannot grant medication requests after-hours: Monday-Thursday after 7:30 p.m., Friday after 4:30 p.m., and Saturday after 1 p.m.
If you have any questions about this policy, please ask your Suburban Pediatrics provider.